Sunday, July 29, 2012

Showcase Blog


Grade 7 showcase blog

Before I start, I want to tell you one quotation that is really nice.

“First, we make our habit then the habit makes us”
This was really nice quotation, so I decided to share it with you as soon as I can and there you go!
Don’t you think it is such a nice quotation?

So let’s get going on with my showcase.

This is my showcase, showing the work that I am proud of.

My goals after the student led conference was :

My goals

1. I want to get more organized with my homework, locker and diary.
2. I will participate in class discussion at least twice per class.
3. I will try my best on my presentation and the one that includes score (all the subjects).

I wanted to get more organized with my homework, locker and diary. I was able to organize my diary and homework, but I wasn’t able to organize my locker. I organized my diary by using different type of color pen. It was really clear to understand with different colors on my diary. Locker was really hard to organize, because my shelf wasn’t there to help organize. My shelf was broken and I couldn’t fix it. I had a really hard time organizing my locker without the shelf. Next year, I will try my best on organizing my locker. I hope I can keep on well-organizing my diary and homework.

I also wanted to participate in class discussion at least twice per class, but I couldn’t complete that goal. I knew really well that I had to participate a lot to class discussion. I also thought that I was really quite and I really wanted to participate in to class discussion, but I was kind of afraid that I am going to get it wrong. I think I will be able to participate in class discussion really well when I try it once. I think this is the part that I should work on with my best ability.

Another goal was to try my best on my presentation and the one that includes score for all the subjects. I really tried my best on this one and I think I have reached that goal. My weak subject was english and my score went up. I also tried my best on presentation, but if I get to have MacBook Pro next year, I will be able to work on my presentation more well. There was a lot of problem working on project using Apple Program, because I had window at home. But when I have my own apple computer next year, I will be able to spend more time on my projects.

This is one of my art work that I am proud of. This is the one that I printed with print with my design. I curved my design on softolium then we spread the paint out on the roller and we painted on the paper. I had such a hard time spreading the paint out, because if you don’t spread the paint out properly, you won’t be able to get a good paint. Overall, I really liked this project!

This is one of my art work as well. This was portrait painting. It was really interesting, because we were able to express our feelings into painting. This is me listening to music and traveling several countries. I had quite hard time painting the hair realistically, because it was really hard without really thin brushes. I really liked this project, though!

Break

Dorianne Laux

We put the puzzle together piece
by piece, loving how one curved
notch fits so sweetly with another.
A yellow smudge becomes
the brush of a broom, and two blue arms
fill in the last of the sky.
We patch together porch swings and autumn
trees, matching gold to gold. We hold
the eyes of deer in our palms, a pair
of brown shoes. We do this as the child
circles her room, impatient
with her blossoming, tired
of the neat house, the made bed,
the good food. We let her brood
as we shuffle through the pieces,
setting each one into place with a satisfied
tap, our backs turned for a few hours
to a world that is crumbling, a sky
that is falling, the pieces
we are required to return to.

This is my favorite poem that I used on drama project. It is such a nice poem and I decided to pick this poem out right after reading this poem.

This is the link to “What I learned in Hakuba”. We went 6th grade camp to Hakuba. I learned many things in Hakuba, so I expressed my feeling in to this one post.

This is a template that I drew for my blog. This is my blog post about this template. I drew 3 templates in total, but I chose this one and there is more details about this in my blog post.

6th grade has been really nice and interesting grade. It was my first time being in middle school and moving class to class. It was really cool at the start of the year and I learned how to get organized, because you can’t work well if you are not organized in middle school. I think I can do better in 7th grade, because I already experienced one year of middle school. I had a lot of fun and I did a lot of interesting works. I am looking forward to work more harder in 7th grade. I think trying best is the important than anything.

“Be the change you want to see in the world.”

My favorite quotation


2 Comments »
52

Linda Harrington

June 14, 2011 @ 8:52 am

Sophia,
I read your blog because I want to learn how to do it, too. I am a retired 1st grade teacher but I still enjoy learning new things.

I enjoyed your post, especially the quotes and poem. You set some great goals and I’m glad you’re are achieving them.

Try not to be afraid to participate in class discussions. Just jump in and start talking, but try to think about what you want to say in the process. Good job on your blog. I’ve learned a lot from you.
Trackbacks/Pingbacks

Blogs as Showcase Portfolios | always learning
Educational Website « daveandthecomputer

No comments: